Friday, October 22, 2010

Family

I'm currently visiting my family back in the suburbs. It's been about three weeks since I've come to see them. To tell you the truth, it's a little more stressful to be here. I feel more constrained and upset when I'm here. Just too much negative energy I guess.

I recently quit my food service just because I felt like my heart was no longer in it and I didn't really feel like it's leading me anywhere. I thought it'd be best to focus more on possibly looking for some volunteer work or internships that would be more relevant to my current field of study (psychology).

Once I told my mother that I had quit from my job, she was actually pretty elated. She never really liked the idea of me working, some sort of maternal pride I guess. But in any case, she told me that she'd financially support me and that I should focus on my academic work.

And now, here we are, dear reader, sitting in my parent's dining room. Well, at least I am, but you know what I mean. Just found out that my parents are claiming bankruptcy, so that pretty much made me worry of my own finances; the word bankruptcy pretty much contradicts what my mother said about financially supporting me while I'm in school. I should start looking for a job.

But in any case, here I am. It has been at least 24 hours since I had gone to sleep. Why you might ask? Due to an illness I have called procrastination. No early onset symptoms, but when it gets to a cyclic stage called "DUE DATES" bags under the eyes due to all-nighters, coffee-stained teeth, and skin just looking really dreadful due to the lack of sleep and overdose in caffeine. I jest. I'm sure you knew that.

Kind of ironic though that I finished my paper just on time only to realize that my professor pushed the deadline back by 24 hrs. Silly Billy. In any case, yea, let's leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment