Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Can't I Just Get with an Italian?

Well, here I am, sitting outside my desired Italian class. Unfortunately, the class had filled to capacity before I could register for the class. I e-mailed the professor that I wanted, but she never replied back. I was planning on just going to the class (basically crashing it) and talking to her before class. I was expecting her to be in the designated classroom before any students arrived (I woke up really early to get to the class early enough), but she arrived latter than everyone else. Also, I didn't know what she looked like, so that made it much harder to flag her down. I only realized who she was when she loudly said, "Bongiorno," as she entered her class. I thought it was too late to get her attention at that point, considering that there were students already in the classroom and I felt uncomfortable hassling her in front of her legitimate students asking her to take me in. Hah!

Anyways, here I am, sitting outside her class hoping to get her attention and speak to her after her class. As I am sitting here, I can hear her solely speaking in Italian to her students; it's pretty intimidating. (And to think that it's an Italian 101 class!) She's already teaching her students how to say certain things and now it makes me wonder whether it'd even be worth it to try to get into her class. I'd be a day behind.

My reason for wanting to get into her class is legitimate, right? There are only four sections of the class in session for this semester and each one of them is up to capacity. This specific professor's class is the only one that fits into my schedule without causing any conflicts. It's my minor and even if I get into this 101 class this semester, I'll still have to take one during a summer session to fit in six credit courses of Italian to fulfill my minor requirement. Also, from what I've heard she's the most enthusiastic and the most helpful of the Italian instructors, so why wouldn't I want to get into her class... right? So what else can I do? If I wait another semester to get into an Italian 101 class, I will have to take a class of Italian during the summer for two consecutive summers. We shall see what happens... :(

1 comment:

  1. Good luck cos knowing some Italian would be nice before going to Italy. Maybe persistence will pay off. bfn - Wayne

    ReplyDelete