Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Cryptic Message from Myself

I was at a train terminal and I was putting my farecard in the slot, some woman behind me pushed herself to my back and put her farecard along with mine. She then pushed her bodies forward along with mine, which made us stumble through the gate.

The next thing I remember, I was in some small amusement park that had a Disney theme to it. I was standing a few feet away from a roller coaster ride, and as it was going down it's first slope, it turned over and off the track. All the Disney characters rushed to the accident and started picking up each passenger one by one. Donald Duck and Mulan were about to turn over the roller coaster car, which is when I thought they'd discover some dead, mangled body. They didn't find anyone under it, which caused the Disney characters to dance and say that there were 100% no serious casualties.

I then found myself in Canada with my grandmother, where I was interviewing her about death. I was asking her if she had ever thought about death and the sort. I don't remember her responses, but I just remember her responding to everything I said. It was night time, for some reason that small detail stood out.

The dream shifted again and I was in some random suburban house that I didn't recognize. It was mid-afternoon, it was sunny and summertime. My parents are sitting at the kitchen table with me and in this dream, I had the notion that my parents were divorced, but on good terms. I was having a discussion with them about living my life and being free. My mother than started to go into her guilt-ridding dialogue of how her children want to leave her and the sort. I tried to explain myself, but for some reason I couldn't speak the language I was trying to explain myself in. My father then chimes in and tells me that there's room in this random suburban house. I refused his offer and explained that I just want to be free and have the liberty to live. I don't want them to take it as if I am trying to leave them, but a matter of me just wanting to experience the life they've given to me.

What did these dream sequences mean? The second part definitely didn't make sense. The latter two seemed so real that when I woke up, I felt somewhat confused. For some reason, the dreams that seem so vivid to me have a roller coaster and a train platform/terminal. What is my mind trying to tell me? Is it even trying to tell me something or are they just mere neurons firing?

1 comment:

  1. You're lucky it is a boring winter day here and not much going on so I'm checking on some blog posts. You would probably need a professional psychic to do some dream interpretation but they would be stealing your money cos they wouldn't have the faintest idea either. Dreams are usually hard to remember unless you make the effort to remember them just after waking up. The erotic dreams are usually just before waking up in the morning when the testosterone spikes (and someone always interferes just when you are about to get some action lol) Sometimes they are relevant to your issues and fears and other times they are unbelievably foreign and strange. My most pleasant dreams (that I remember) are swimming dreams in which I can swim like a shark effortlessly in pleasantly warm water. The ones I don't like are the 'frustration' type dreams like being in an ever changing situation trying to find my way out. I have had some pleasant 'adventure' type dreams also. I think some are on an instinctual and basic level. I distinctly remember at the age of 5 or 6 just going to sleep and seeing a series of scary strange faces coming at me in the dark, vividly real and something that I had never seen before. (tv was something new at this time and we hadn't gotten one yet) Years later I saw those same faces on the tribal masks of Africa! The faces of instinctual fear of the dark and unknown.
    -Yeah, don't read too much into dreams; it is just your brain organizing the files so your brain and memory will function properly the next day. I look on them in an exciting adventurous way cos they are so surprising; maybe they are the closest we get in life to something beyond our own dimension. Anyway focus on your courses and check out some guys in your classes! bfn - Wayne :)(be sure to get out and enjoy those sunny winter days!)

    ReplyDelete